Experienced Abortion? Do You Want to Talk?
Abortion Recovery Help Program
If you’ve experienced an abortion, you may look, talk, and act like everyone else but may not feel like everyone else. Have you ever wondered what life could look like if you were set free from the guilt, shame, pain or sadness you may be experiencing because of a past decision?
You are not alone…
At Pregnancy Resource Clinic, we know that the grief and loss a person may feel after an abortion is seldom acknowledged and can even be repressed or denied. It may have even been many years since you had your abortion. However, the sense of loss and guilt may still weigh heavy on your heart. You are not alone.
Are you experiencing stress from a previous abortion?
- Have you changed as a person since your abortion?
- If a relative or friend was thinking about having an abortion, would you tell her not to have one?
- Since your abortion have you experienced any of these problems?
• I struggle with an eating disorder
• I find myself in abusive relationships
• I’m having more frequent unprotected sexual activity
• I’m using drugs and/or alcohol to distract me from my pain
• I often feel so sad that I can’t handle my responsibilities
• I think about hurting myself
• I have nightmares
- Do you feel numb or shut down when you are in emotional situations?
- Do you experience volatile emotions?
- Has your relationship with God or your faith changed since your abortion?
- Do you feel like you have to hide your abortion or your feelings about it?
- Are your relationships with the opposite sex different?
- Do you avoid people or situations that remind you of your abortion?
- Were you pressured into having an abortion by another person?
- Do you feel like you’re all alone with the pain that you are feeling?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we’d be happy to help.
If you would like to talk to someone about your experience and/or your symptoms, contact Ann by filling out the form below. You can also call or text 814-360-9816 about free and confidential counseling and support groups available.